Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back to planning my Online Course

After a week of vacation and an extra week to catch up on my mathematics class I am thinking about my Swedish Online Class again. I found a short lecture about planning an online course through a blog post at Richard Byrne's Free Technology for Teachers.

After watching this video, which is made by Professor Curt Bonk at the Indiana State University School of Education I realised I need to spend some more time planning my course and also really dig into gathering material for it. Bonk is talking about some really important issues that I have already been considering a bit but it is really a good thing to think about them some more:
  • pedagogical differences
  • organisational differences
  • the time plan
  • what should the content be
  • what should the goals be
  • the strengths and limitations of teaching online
  • knowing yourself
  • knowing your (potential) students
I have already done some thinking about what the content and the goals should be. I have also done some thinking about the pedagogics and the organisation. Something that I really need to think more about is how I get to know my potential students, as Mandana already pointed out to me in a comment to an earlier post. Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about doing that?

You might also want to read my earlier posts on planning: The first step and Greetings - building the first lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment