Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Free Tools Challenge #1

I am doing one more of the free professional learning challenges supported by Edublogs. The first challenge is created by Noeleen Leahy. An Irish teacher, who is blogging together with her students. The topic of this first challenge is Wallwisher. Please add to my wall - The Teaching Day.


I got to know Wallwisher about a year ago, when I did a teacher training program through the ELMA-project at my old workplace, TUDIAS. Since I tried it out then and haven't used it later on - I of course ran into problems this time around. I have forgotten the password...

My idea on how to use a wall this time, I got from a swedish teacher's blog post. Anne-Marie Körling today posted this post on her blog Körlings ord. I'll try to summarize what the post is about, or you can use Google translate. It is called The Teaching Day and Anne-Marie suggests that we should have one day each year when we, teachers, show our teaching to show a day of learning in the schools of Sweden.

As soon as I read this post I thought that it was a great idea and something that we should do something about right away, and maybe a wall about a few teachers' day of teaching is a good start. And I hope that we will get a global wall and share our teaching day all over the world. It seems as if I just wrote my first challenge, and the only thing you have to do is to add something to my wall - The Teaching Day. You can see how you go about adding to a wall or how to create your own wall at the Free Tools Challenge #1.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really good post, Anna.
    I'll try and go to your wall.
    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and for adding to my wall. You were quick ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,
    I love the Teaching Day Wallwisher - just added mine! Next, I'll check out the Free Tools Challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete