Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Klass 9A continued

I have finally managed to watch episode 3-5 of Klass 9A on SVT Play.

I find that I recognise many of the filmed situations. The theme of the two last episodes was the teachers as a team and what they do and don't. I have to say that I think that they are really brave having shared so much of their everyday work. For my diploma work I had a look at what constitutes a good teacher's conference, and this is something that still interests me. I think that the teaching team and how it works together is reflected in how the students are doing in school. Unfortunately I have been taking part in many teacher's conferences that hasn't been very productive and today I would like to think that I would speak up, to not waste our precious time or the even more precoius time of our students.

I also have to say that I was sad to hear the principal. It seemed as if she didn't want to take on any responsibility at all, or maybe she hadn't realised the troubles the students and the teachers of Klass 9A was in. I have the impression that the principal of many swedish schools mainly works as an administrator, instead of beeing the leader for the teachers and students. I would love it if I am wrong and there are many principals out there, who has time to work with the teachers and the students in developing knowledge, their school and their education.

My other posts on Klass 9A:

No comments:

Post a Comment