Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PLN loves Blogs?!

After a few weeks of summer holidays with my kids I am back to continue doing my PD through Edublogs' PLN Challenge. By the way Edublogs host free AND, for the time being, add-free blogs for teachers, classes and students!

The fifth task for the PLN Challenge was posted at the beginning of July and is about the role of blogs in building your PLN.

To me the blog is a good place where I can communicate my reflections and ideas without being limited to the 140 signs on Twitter. My blog is/will be the place where I put my ideas about my teaching and also review and reflect upon how it all went. This is the place along with my planned class blogs where I can share everything that I do in my classroom.

I go to other blogs to look for interesting ideas and materials that I can use as it is or maybe just change a bit to make it fit my class and goals. I really think it is a good thing to share with your PLN - it is a good thing not having to invent the wheel all over again.

3 comments:

  1. I think blogs play such an important role in building a PLN. I know that we met through the Edublogs 30 Day Teacher Challenge. Through that, we were instructed to visit other blogs and leave comments, which led to other people reading our blogs and leaving comments, which led to the building of relationships or PLNs.

    I have learned so much from you and all the other people I follow and hopefully, have given something back as well.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use blogs to get ideas to bring back to a group of us that work together too! I am a Spanish teacher - but find I can use a lot of hands on approaches from elementary classes, tech ideas from high school teachers, and writing prompts from English teachers!
    Here's my blog if you want to check out some of the crazy things we do in class!
    http://creativelanguageclass.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete